My biggest challenge as a mom-on-the-go is finding the time to squeeze activity into my day between the kids’ naps and clients. I love being active. It’s a large part of who I am, and the family lifestyle I want to share with my boys. Motherhood has forced me to multitask more than ever, and be creative with my workouts; early morning runs with the jogger, brisk afternoon walks, lunges in the park. Everyday revolves around my stroller!
Here are 5 fitness tips that helped me lose the baby weight and keeps me in shape:
- Dress for success. Invest in a new pair of sneakers and a new sports bra. A little extra comfort will make your walk or run more enjoyable.
- Join a mom & baby exercise class. It’s a great opportunity to meet other active moms, spend time with your child, workout, and get motivation from an instructor to push yourself a little harder.
- Workout in the park. A park is an outdoor gym! Stroll over to your neighborhood park and use your stroller to perform body-toning exercises like high knee lifts, squats, and walking lunges.
- Run errands by foot. Ditch the car keys and pull out the stroller to do your local errands.
- Love Yourself. You have the most important job in the world and you are awesome. Believe it and feel it!
Share with us, how do you squeeze in activity to get fit?
Other related articles from Active Moms’ Club blog: