We are so excited about warm weather and the start of our outdoor classes, and are just bursting at the seams to tell you about Biceps, Babies & Buggies Summer Fitness Challenge. The Challenge begins May 8 – Aug 28, 2013
Biceps, Babies & Buggies is an outdoor stroller fitness class ideal for any fitness level. This 50-minute dynamic, total-body workout incorporates cardio and functional exercises (squats, lunges, planks, pushups, step-ups, etc.) to tone and strengthen every body part. Class moves swiftly and includes a power walk OR jog to keep the heart rate up!
The parks are a fun setting for moms wanting to get into and stay in shape this summer and get some fresh air. AMC’s coaches – all pre- and postnatal certified personal trainers – will create varied, challenging workouts to keep you motivated. No two workouts are the same! Our goal is for you to finish class feeling invigorated, challenged and wanting more!
- Jogging strollers not required.
- Your child needs to be at least 6-weeks old and still enjoy being in the stroller.
- Expectant and new moms are welcome. Coaches offer modified exercises for expectant moms.
- Women less than 6-months postpartum are required to submit a waiver form from their healthcare provider stating they are cleared to exercise.
CLASS LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Lincoln Park — Oz Park
CLASS MEETS ON SE CORNER (LARRABEE & DICKENS) BY THE TENNIS COURTS
Mondays: 11:00am to 11:50am
Tuesdays: 9:30am to 10:20am
Wednesdays: 11:00am to 11:50am
Thursdays: 9:30am to 10:20am
May 8 – August 28, 2013
New moms with non-mobile babies also have the option to participate in “From the Core: Postnatal Recovery” class indoors at i.d. gym.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
- Stroller (any type of stroller; however umbrella stroller are not recommended)
- Mat or towel for ground exercises
- Exercise tubing with handles & 3 or 5lb dumbbells
- Snacks for your child
Please arrive 10 minutes early. This will allow you to get settled and signed in with the coach. Class will start promptly and want to be sure you receive a proper warmup. Don’t forget to bring your mat, bands, weights and a water bottle. Please keep your children in the stroller for the strength & conditioning portion of class (first 35-40 minutes). This ensures their safety and full enjoyment for all class participants. Class will end with ground exercises in a secure area and children can come out of stroller at that time. We appreciate your cooperation.
We will cancel class if there is severe rain or threat of severe weather. We send all of our communication via email. Please check your email an hour before class time for class cancellation.
Test drive: $10 (one time only)
5-class pass: $69
Monthly unlimited pass: $89
- NEW for 2013! A 5-class pass is valid for the entire outdoor season (through Aug 28th).
- An unlimited monthly pass is valid for 31 days, effective the first day you attend class.
- There are no refunds, exchanges, freezes or extensions on BBB passes. No exceptions.
- You may track your pass usage on AMC’s scheduling website.
Click here to go to online registration