Like many of you, I’ve been reflecting on 2018. I’ve been very fortunate. My year was filled with good health for myself and my family. Professionally, my business as a personal trainer—and now nutrition coach—is thriving and it enables me to have a desirable balance of work and family time. I am truly grateful for all that I have, and all the people who surround me and build me up.
Here are my top 5 highlights of 2018
1. My proudest professional accomplishment was acquiring my Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification, the industry’s top education program. After months of reading, writing and testing, I completed this comprehensive course in August.
2. Active Moms’ Club continues to thrive! 2018 wraps its tenth year of operation—10 YEARS! Woot Woot! It was a record-breaking year with over 100 unique new moms participating in our Postnatal Recovery class. And in the Fall, AMC launched a brand new fitness and nutrition program, 90-Days of YOU! It’s been wildly successful. It’s what our mamas wanted and needed; a comprehensive nutrition program so AMC moms can truly lead their family by example— through fitness AND nutrition.
3. In 2018, I did something I’ve never done before—work with a business coach. Profound. It’s been educational on many levels. And with the help of my coach, I’ll debut AMC’s first FREE online event in January, Mama’s 5-Day Selfcare Reboot. It’ll definitely be a test of my online presence; I’ll be sharing the course LIVE inside of AMC’s Facebook forum. (It could be a record breaking week…I may take a shower five days in a row!) Tune in, I’d LOVE your support!
4. My greatest fitness accomplishment in 2018 was staying injury free! If you know me, you know that is quite an accomplishment! 2017 was all about the pull-up (still maintaining 2-4 strict pull-ups on any given day), but this year was all about the BUTT—literally. My training has been focused on lower body strength, and it’s working! I’ve hit a max deadlift of 160 pounds with the trap bar; any heavier and my body starts to disagree. That’s the beauty of getting older and wiser, I have nothing to prove so I have learned to respect my limits.
5. My proudest mom moment —my twin boys entering second grade in September. They are becoming better readers, writers, problem solvers, and continue to grow individually. H loves all things fury and cute, and W loves any sport with a ball. They’ve had remarkable intellectual and developmental growth in their seventh year of life. My boys and my husband are the sunshine in my every day.
I look forward to 2019’s journey and all that it will bring to my family and I. Share one of your highlights of 2018 on AMC’s Facebook wall! I’d especially love to hear from any one of the hundreds of mamas who has come through AMC’s doors over the last decade.
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Read more related articles from Active Moms’ Club blog: