Like many of you, I’ve spent the last few days reflecting on 2016. Personally, I’ve been fortunate—my year was filled with good health for myself and my family. Professionally, my business as a personal trainer continues to thrive and enables me to have a desirable balance of work and family time. I’m grateful for all that I have. Here are my top 5 highlights of 2016.
- My proudest fitness moment was conquering a strict body weight pull-up, a pistol squat on both right and left legs, and an overhead press with a 16kg kettlebell. And these newfound strength gains are just the beginning!
2. Active Moms’ Club continues to thrive, celebrating EIGHT years of business. 2016 was a record-breaking year with over 100 unique new moms participating in our Postnatal Recovery Class. I find AMC moms to be an incredible source of inspiration to me!
3. In October I got certified by Dragon Door for Hardstyle Kettlebell training. This is just the beginning of my formal education with kettlebells. I love teaching women how to safely use kettlebells–and they are reaping the benefits too!
4. 2016 was the first year that I made the conscious decision not to register for any long distance triathlons or road races. I found much more satisfaction spending that training time with my family in the spring and summer. To be sure, it’s not a retirement from endurance events, just a brief hiatus.
5. My proudest mom moment was in September when my twin boys entered Kindergarten. They’ve had such remarkable intellectual and developmental growth over the last year. They are the sunshine in my every day.
I look forward to 2017’s journey and what it has to bring for me and my family. Share one of your highlights of 2016 on AMC’s Facebook wall! Be sure to follow me on AMC’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. I have lots of prenatal and postnatal fitness tips, workouts, and personal moments to share in 2017.
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Other related posts on Active Moms’ Club’s blog: